★★★★☆ 3 votes4
- 1 small
- onion chopped (3/4 cup)
- 2 lb
- yellow squash sliced very thin
- 1/2 c
- lite mayonnaise
- 1/2 c
- plain greek yogurt
- 8 oz
- grated gruyere cheese divided
- water, as needed
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
3/4 SLEEVE RITZ OR BUTTER CRACKERS CRUMBLED & DIVIDED
How to Make CHEESE & SQUASH CASSEROLE
- 1Prep all the ingredients.
- 2Pam and heat a large skillet. Cook the onions. Add a little water to prevent them from burning. Cook until soft about 10 min. Add more water as needed.
Preheat oven to 350 at this time
- 3Add all the squash to the skillet, season with salt & pepper to taste. Cook until squash is tender 10-12 min. Remove from heat and I take out excess water with a large spoon.
- 4Stir into the skillet mayo, yogurt, 2/3 cheese and 2/3 crackers. Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 qt pammed baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with remaining crackers.
- 5Bake until casserole is bubbly around the edges
30 min or so.
Remove and serve hot.