Cauliflower "Risotto" with Broccoli and Mushrooms
10 ozgreen giant riced califlower
1 bunchfresh broccoli chopped
1 cmushrooms, fresh chopped
2 Tbspolive oil
2 Tbspbutter, melted
3/4 cheavy whipping cream
1 tspxanthan gum
1 cwhite cheddar cheese, grated
4 Tbspparmesan cheese
How to Make Cauliflower "Risotto" with Broccoli and Mushrooms
- Add olive oil and butter to 4 quart saucepan med-high heat. Heat until butter browns slightly, but careful not to burn it.
- Add riced cauliflower, chopped broccoli, and chopped mushrooms to hot oil. Stir to thoroughly coat with oil. Cook over medium heat for approx 5 min.
- In separate bowl mix heavy cream and xanthan gum (it is a thickener.) together until fairly smooth.
- Add to hot vegetable mixture. Stir together to coat vegetables. Heat until bubbly and very hot.
- Once hot add grated cheese and stir to melt into mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Don't overcook the vegetables or they will begin to get mushy. Total cooking time 10-12 min. (If this happens, allow everything to cool and then put into blender and puree into a soup!)
- Serve with 1 TB (or more) sprinkled on top.