By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 cbrown rice, long grain
1.66 cmushrooms, chopped
1 cred onion, finely chopped
1/3 colive oil
2cauliflower heads, florets and stems cut
1.75 tspdried basil
1 tspgarlic clove, finely chopped
4 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Cauliflower Marranca
- Combine rice with water in three quart saucepan. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to lowest possible.
- Stir once with a fork, cover, and let cook for 20 minutes until water is completely absorbed.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in olive oil.
- Add the juice of the two lemons.
- Wash the cauliflower and cut into florets, chopping usable stems.
- Saute with the onions and mushrooms (add more oil if necessary), adding basil, garlic, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Saute for about five minutes.
- Combine with cooked rice, mixing thoroughly, adding cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice).
- Bake in greased 9X13" pan at 350 for 15 minutes - until cheese melts and top is browned slightly.