Cauliflower Macaroni & Cheese
1head cauliflower head, in florets or chopped
1/2 lbwhole wheat rotini or macaroni pasta
1 1/2 cmilk
1 cchicken broth
2 cshredded cheddar
1 Tbspmustard (optional)
How to Make Cauliflower Macaroni & Cheese
- Cook pasta al dente, adding cauliflower during last 3-5 minutes or so. Drain.
- Whisk flour into melted butter in a small saucepan for 1 minute then whisk in broth until smooth.
- Whisk in the milk & simmer until thickened, between 3-5 minutes. Stand with it & whisk occasionally.
- Stir in cheese & mustard. Add pepper to taste.
- Stir sauce into cauliflower & pasta.
- Optional: This can be baked in a greased baking dish with extra cheddar cheese sprinkled on top.