Cauliflower Au Gratin
For a variation, I sometimes double this recipe and add some cooked cubed ham and use this recipe, then, as a main dish. I have a few recipes listed that are versatile like that, and this is another one of those.
4 ccauliflower, cut into florets
4 tspbutter or margarine
2 cloveminced garlic, or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
·dash, cayenne pepper
2 cevaporated skim milk
1 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cfrozen whole kernel corn, cooked and drained
2 Tbspchopped parsley
How to Make Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In steamer or microwave, cook cauliflower until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- In a large deep saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic and lightly saute for 1 minute. Stir in flour, salt and cayenne pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens. Adjust seasonings. Stir in 3/4 of the cheese, all corn and parsley.
- Arrange cauliflower in shallow baking dish. Cover with sauce and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, until top is lightly browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes.