☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
7 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
1 lbcarrots, peeled, coarsely grated
1 cdrained yogurt (see note below)
2 tspaleppo pepper or paprika
How to Make Carrots With Garlic And Yogurt
To get 1 cup drained yogurt, start with cups of yogurt and place in a cheesecloth-lined colander. Let sit at room temperature for about 4 hours.
- In a 3-quart pot, heat 5 tablespoons of the oil and sauté the onions, stirring over medium heat for 5 minutes. Do not let them brown or burn.
- Add the carrots, stirring to mix well, and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Crush the garlic and salt in a mortar and pestle.
- Place the cooled carrots in a large bowl and add the drained yogurt and the garlic mixture. Mix well and place in a serving dish.
- Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the paprika and drizzle in a design over the top of the carrots, decorate with olives if desired.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.