Carrot Salad AKA "Copper Pennies"
- 2 lb
- carrots, peeled and sliced thinly (i use my mandoline for this, watch your fingers!) or use pre-packaged slices of raw carrots found in the produce section
- 1 large
- green bell pepper, chopped or sliced, your preference
- 1 large
- onion, sweet or purple work well, again chopped or sliced to your preference
- 2 can(s)
- whole green beans, drained well
- 1 can(s)
- tomato soup, do not dilute!
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 3/4 c
- vinegar, i use white but apple cider would probably be good as well.
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- prepared yellow mustard
How to Make Carrot Salad AKA "Copper Pennies"
- 1Cook carrots by boiling in water until tender. Drain and cool. Layer in bottom of serving dish followed by green bell pepper, onion and drained green beans.
- 2In saucepan (you can use the one you used for the carrots for this, one less pot to wash!) combine marinade ingredients. Bring to a boil and boil 2-5 minutes. Sugar needs to be dissolved completely.
- 3Pour marinade over vegetables and cover. Refrigerate 12-24 hours to allow flavors to mingle. Serve cold! Keeps well, too.