I recommend using a block of cheese & NOT low-fat. The pre-grated & lowfat versions don't melt as well.
- 12 oz
- fresh grated mozzerella
- sliced roma tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- fresh basil
- unbaked pie shell
How to Make Caprese Tart
- 1Place pie shell in pie plate.
- 2Cover shell with a layer of cheese,basil, and pepper.
- 3Layer with tomato slices & more pepper.
- 4Repeat. End with layer of tomatoes & pepper.
- 5Pour olive oil over the top.
- 6Bake 45 minutes or until cheese is melted & tomatoes begin to shrivel.