Canned Pickled Asparagus
7 lbfresh asparagus washed and trimmed
2 Tbspred curry paste
2 Tbspdill weed
4 Tbspmustard seed
10 cwhite vinegar
3 Tbsppickling salt
How to Make Canned Pickled Asparagus
- Cut the asparagus to the length that would fit into the jars leaving the head space. Save the little nubs that was cut off discarding any woody parts.
- Add the jalapeno, garlic, dill, mustard seed and curry paste to a food processor and process until well mixed. Set aside.
- Mix the vinegar, water, sugar and salt together in a pot and bring to a boil. Cook until all is dissolved.
- Sanitize 7 qt jars. place equal amounts of jalapeno mixture in each one. Lay side ways and stuff the whole asparagus in each jar. You should have two jars left over for nubs.
- Ladle the vinegar mixture in each jar leaving head space. Wipe the rim and seal the jars
Place in boiling water bath for 15 minutes