- 8 medium
- sweet potatoes, fresh
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 c
- fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Candied Sweet Potatoes, with Easy Diabetic Version
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare a shallow casserole dish with non stick spray, set aside.
- 2In a covered pan, steam the potatoes in a small amount of water, just until the skins can easily be removed.
Peel and cut in halves or quarters; set aside.
- 3To make the GLAZE :
Combine the brown sugar, orange juice and butter in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes until clear.
Place potatoes in a prepared (non stick spray) casserole dish, then pour glaze over all and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Baste Potatoes every 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4HINT FOR SUGAR FREE VERSION:
Skip the above glaze recipe and use any sugar free maple syrup found at your super market.
Sprinkle potatoes with fresh squeezed orange juice and pour the syrup over the potatoes.
Bake as you would the other.