☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbandouille sausage, coarsely chopped
1/2 cgreen pepper, chopped
1/2 ccelery, chopped
2 tspgarlic, minced
2 tspthyme leaves, crushed
2eggs, lightly beaten
How to Make Cajun Stuffed Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut off stem end of each tomato. Scoop out pulp leaving 1/4 inch thick shells.
- Turn tomatoes upside down to drain; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet until hot. Add sausage. Cook and stir until sausage is browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add green pepper, celery, garlic and thyme. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in eggs. Spoon meat mixture into reserved tomato shells.
- Place in shallow baking pan containing 1/2 inch water. Cover and bake until tomatoes are tender, 20-25 minutes.