Okra and Tomatoes
2 Tbspolive oil
2-3 cloveminced garlic
1 cchopped onion
1 cbell pepper, cut in bite size pieces
2 cokra, cut (fresh or frozen)
14 1/2 ozdiced tomatoes
8 oztomato sauce
1 tsplouisiana cajun seasoning
How to Make Okra and Tomatoes
- In a large skillet; Saute garlic in the olive oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper to the skillet. Saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add okra to the skillet mixture. Saute 4-5 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, sugar and cajun seasoning.
Simmer until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Her original recipe called for 2 cups of tomato juice. I don't normally keep that on hand so I substituted tomato sauce, sugar and a little water.
This is really good warmed up the next day.