Cajun Fried Eggplant
How to Make Cajun Fried Eggplant
- 1Slice the egg plant. Make sure each slice is about at least 1 inch thick.
- 2Add 2 tabelspoons of oil into a pan and sautee until the eggplant slices are lightly brown.
- 3In one bowl crack 2-3 eggs and mix until the yolks are blended. In a seperate bowl, fill it with panko bread crumbs and sprinkle in cajun seasoning (how much cajun seasoning you add is up to you and how much spice you can handle).
- 4Take one egglplant slice and submerge it in the eggs yolks until both sides are covered, then take the slice and put it in the panko/cajun bowl. Press each side of the yolk covered eggplant with a fork until both sides are sufficiently covered in bread crumbs.
- 5In a pan (2-3 inches deep) and fill with cooking oil until the entire surface of the pan is covered in oil. Turn stove on to medium-high heat.
- 6Place breaded eggplant slices in the pan and fry both sides until brown. Serve warm (tartar sauce goes really good with this dish, use it as a dipping sauce)