My family loves cabbage in any form and I'm always on the look out for different recipe to use cabbage with.
- large head cabbage, thinly sliced (about 12 cups)
- 6 Tbsp
- butter or margarine, divided
- large onion, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- (10.75-ozs.) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 8 oz
- process american cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- dry bread crumbs
How to Make Cabbage Casserole
- 1Place cabbage in a saucepan; add 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, melt 5 tablespoons butter. Saute onion until tender. Add soup and mix well. Add cheese; heat and stir until melted.
- 3Remove from heat. Stir in cabbage, salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 2 quart baking dish.
- 4In a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add crumbs; cook and stir until lightly browned. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.