cabbage and noodles
How to Make cabbage and noodles
- Begin by boiling water for your noodles as directed on pkg. When noodles are done drain and set aside
- While noodles are cooking. Core the cabbage .. cut in half and begin to slice in thin strips.
- dice onion and garlic
- In very large skillet add oil and keep a medium heat and saute onions and garlic until tender
- Add the sliced cabbage into skillet with garlic and onions a little at a time.adding more as the cabbage begins to wilt.
- Keep stiring until cabbage is wilted... may look like a lot of cabbage but it wilts down.... I cook down until its is slightly crispy.. some may like it more wilted,
- when wilted add the cooked noodle to the skillet of cabbage and continue to cook a few more minutes stiring constantly ... season with salt,pepper
My Father Inlaw loved his paparika and I usually doused a Tablespoon while mixing together
- This can easily turn into a main course by adding thick hunks of smoked sausage, When I do this I saute the onions,garlic and sausage together and add the cabbage.