Cabbage and Apple Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 ozbacon, cut crosswise in 1/2" pieces
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1onion, finely chopped
1 smallred cabbage, coarsely shredded head
2granny smith apples, peeled and cut in 1/4
1/2 cheavy cream
How to Make Cabbage and Apple Casserole
- Fry bacon in medium skillet over medium heat until slightly crisp and brown, about 10 minutes; remove to paper towels to drain.
- Heat butter and oil in medium casserole or dutch oven over medium heat; add onion and cook stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and continue to cool until softened, 3-5 minutes; add bacon, apples, cream, and brandy and stir to combine.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to transfer to serving dish; serve hot.