Cabbage and Apple Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 4 oz
- bacon, cut crosswise in 1/2" pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- onion, finely chopped
- 1 small
- red cabbage, coarsely shredded head
- granny smith apples, peeled and cut in 1/4
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Cabbage and Apple Casserole
- 1Fry bacon in medium skillet over medium heat until slightly crisp and brown, about 10 minutes; remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2Heat butter and oil in medium casserole or dutch oven over medium heat; add onion and cook stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add cabbage and continue to cool until softened, 3-5 minutes; add bacon, apples, cream, and brandy and stir to combine.
- 4Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to transfer to serving dish; serve hot.