butternut squash risotto
1 cbutternut squash puree (recipe later)
1 carborio rice (par boiled)
? cwarm chicken stock
1 clovegarlic minced
3 Tbspsalted butter (room temp)
How to Make butternut squash risotto
- I parboil my rice, about half an hour in stock to make this go quicker, and it lets some of the starch from the rice go in the stock.
- Add 1 Tbs of the butter to a medium pan, add the shallot and garlic and sweat for a few minutes (you can add some white wine here, but I never do)
- Add the rice and let it toast till you have nearly a dry pan.
- Add a ladle of stock at a time, stirring and letting the rice take in each ladle before adding the next. Might take more stock, might take less.
- When the rice is at the desired consistency , remove from the heat and "swirl" in the other 2 Tbs of butter, swirl don't stir, and always use a wooden spoon.....why?, I'm not sure, but I was taught to and it works.
- optional. classically, you would add parm cheese here and let it melt in, depending on the rest of the meal, I'd make that decision later.