Butternut Squash Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Butternut Squash Casserole
- Boil squash and carrot together until the carrot is tender.
- Allow both to cool.
- Slide skin off carrot.
- Being careful with squash, remove its seeds and peel.
- Blend carrots and squash together.
- Don't over-blend: preserve some texture.
- Add cinnamon sugar and salt to taste.
- Add frothy eggs to carrot/squash mixture.
- Grease an 8-inch loaf pan.
- Coat the grease with oatmeal.
- Mix about 1/2 cup oatmeal into casserole.
- Gently fold in green peas, then put mixture in casserole pan.
- Sprinkle remaining oatmeal on top and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until brown on top.
- Once cooked, it can be served immediately or frozen for later consumption.