Butternut Squash Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Butternut Squash Casserole
- 1Boil squash and carrot together until the carrot is tender.
- 2Allow both to cool.
- 3Slide skin off carrot.
- 4Being careful with squash, remove its seeds and peel.
- 5Blend carrots and squash together.
- 6Don't over-blend: preserve some texture.
- 7Add cinnamon sugar and salt to taste.
- 8Add frothy eggs to carrot/squash mixture.
- 9Grease an 8-inch loaf pan.
- 10Coat the grease with oatmeal.
- 11Mix about 1/2 cup oatmeal into casserole.
- 12Gently fold in green peas, then put mixture in casserole pan.
- 13Sprinkle remaining oatmeal on top and dot with butter.
- 14Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until brown on top.
- 15Once cooked, it can be served immediately or frozen for later consumption.