Butter Pecan Squash1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lbbutternut squash
1/2 cboiling water
1 Tbsplight brown sugar
·white pepper to taste
1/4 cpecans, coarsely chopped
1 Tbspmaple syrup
How to Make Butter Pecan Squash
- Quarter squash; scoop out seeds and stringy portion; pare and cut into 3/4 to 1 inch cubes (about 4 to 5 cups).
- In a medium saucepan bring squash and water to a boil; cover and cook rapidly until squash in tender (about 10 minutes).
- Drain and mash with butter, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Turn into an 8" pie plate.
- Sprinkle with pecans and maple syrup.
- Broil until pecans are lightly browned.