Brussels Sprouts with French Fried Onions by Amiah
2 lbbrussels sprouts
1 mediumsweet onion
4 slicebacon, thick cut
3 clovegarlic, minced
1 call purpose flour
1 Tbspcreole seasoning
cvegetable oil for frying
How to Make Brussels Sprouts with French Fried Onions by Amiah
- Wash Brussels sprouts, trim bottoms, and separate leaves.
- Cut 4 slices of bacon into 1-inch pieces. Fry in a nonstick pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat until crispy.
- Add Brussels Sprout leaves and garlic and saute until tender. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix together all-purpose flour and Creole seasoning in a small mixing bowl. Whisk together buttermilk and one egg.
- Cut onion into thin slices. Dip in buttermilk & egg mixture and dredge into season flour. Deep fry or pan fry at least 1 cup of vegetable oil until crispy
- Place cooked Brussels sprouts and bacon on serving platter and top with French Fried Onions.