4 ozcracker barrel cracked black pepper cheese, or any cheese you wish to use.
6green onions or shallots
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Brussel Sprouts wrapped in Bacon
- Par boil brussel sprouts for 5 minutes.
Remove and let cool so you can handle them.
- Use knife to split brussel sprouts down the middle starting at the hard stem part to half them.
Use a paring knife to take out the middle of the brussel sprout. Save what you remove..you will use it later.
- Fry bacon just enough to render it to pliable ..remove and let cool. I always fry the bacon while I am cutting up my Brussel sprouts.
- Cut green onions into small pieces about 1/8 inch..I use my kitchen scissors for this, works quite well.
- In a small nonstick skillet saute the insides of your sprouts and green onions in bacon grease until tender.
- After the sprouts and onions are tender and cooled down a bit.. mix the cheese into the frying pan with them..It will bind everything together so its easier to stuff sprouts.
- Use a small spoon to fill each sprout..cut bacon in half and wrap each sprout.