Brussel Sprouts with Proscuitto
- fresh brussel sprouts (approximate amount), stems cut, ugly leaves removed and cut in half
- 1 pkg
- sliced mushrooms (baby portabellas are great)
- 4-5 slice
- 1/4 c
- finely diced sweet onion
- 2-3 clove
- fresh minced garlic
- 1 c
- chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or olive oil (even margarine is ok)
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
How to Make Brussel Sprouts with Proscuitto
- 1Rough chop your Prosciutto and put it with the onion, galic and the butter or oil in a frying pan or saute pan over medium heat.
- 2Add the Brussel Sprouts and lightly saute till a little bit browned on the edges.
- 3Add mushrooms and lightly saute them, sprinkle the salt and pepper over lightly. (I generally add a pinch of sea salt and a generous pinch of fresh cracked pepper)
- 4Add the chicken stock and put a lid on, lower the heat and simmer for a few more minutes till the Brussel Sprouts are cooked thru but still firm. Drain and remove to serving dish. This can be served with a sprinkling of fresh grated parmesan cheese or it stands alone just fine.