Brussel Sprouts ...with BACON...mmm!
★★★★★ 2 votes5
4-6 slicebacon, uncooked-chopped
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin- 1 turn of the pan
1 1/2 lbbrussel sprouts-trimmed...leave small ones whole/half large ones
1+ cchicken broth or fresh stock
·salt and pepper to taste... i use white pepper, or freshlly ground peppercorn melange
How to Make Brussel Sprouts ...with BACON...mmm!
- Slowly brown bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat. Remove browned pieces to paper towel lined plate.
- Add evoo to pan and roll it around once. Add shallots and saute for approx. 2 minutes, (til soft, but not crispy)
- Add sprouts to pan, turning them over to coat with the oil and bacon fat(having left only enough fat that you need to cook and flavor the dish). Cook for about 3-4 minutes... til they begin to soften.
- Add broth and bring to a bubble. Cover and reduce heat to medium low... just above simmering. Cook for 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Transfer to serving dish with a slotted spoon and toss in the bacon bits you reserved earlier.
- Enjoy.. and wait for the compliments. ;)