Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Butternut Squash
Holly Grier- Wallace
How to Make Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Butternut Squash
- Cut the butternut squash lengthwise in half. Remove the seeds (I dry the seeds on paper towels and replant them the next year)!
- Lay the halves on a microwave-safe plate or baking sheet and dot with a generous amount of butter,
- Sprinkle plenty of brown sugar in the center and up the neck of the squash and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Oven Directions: Place in a deep baking dish or baking sheet lined with foil and coated well with a non-stick spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes and then check for tenderness. You may need to bake another 10-20 minutes depending on the size of your squash.
- Microwave Direction: The microwave is just a fast and easy alternative (and it still tastes delicious). Place in microwave and cover with a microwave cover (or you can use paper towels. I would stick toothpicks in the squash to raise the towels up enough so they don't stick to the sugar). Cook for 10 minutes and check the squash for tenderness. Cook for another 8-10 minutes or until all of the butter and sugar is melted and the squash is soft.