310 ounce packages frozen chopped broccoli
3/4 cchicken stock
3/4 cwhipping cream
1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspchopped fresh parsley
3 Tbspminced onion
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cgrated monterey jack or cheddar cheese
How to Make Broccoli Souffle
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cook and drain broccoli.
- Add stock to cream and scald.
- Melt butter and blend in flour.
- Gradually add to cream mixture.
- Stir over medium until thick.
- Remove from heat and beat in egg yolks, parsley, onion, salt and pepper.
- Stir in broccoli and cheese.
- When ready to serve, add stiffly beaten egg whites and pour into a buttered casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.