- 1 1/2 bunch
- broccoli, cut into florets (6 cups)
- 8 slice
- thick sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled/chopped
- 1/2 c
- red onion, diced
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, very small chunks
- 3/4 c
- raisins (plump in hot water, 5 minutes)
- 1 c
- coleslaw dressing
- 1/4 c
How to Make Broccoli Salad
- 1Cook bacon, drain, cool and set aside.
- 2Wash and trim broccoli into florets.
In a 2 qt. sauce pan, bring water to a boil,
then blanch broccoli in the boiling water for about 1 minute. Remove and drain. Rinse with cold water.
- 3In a small bowl, add hot water (microwave if needed)
Place raisins in bowl of hot water for about 5 minutes, until plump.
- 4Mince your onion, chop your cheese, grate your carrots and put into a large serving bowl. Add plumped raisins, coleslaw dressing and mayo. Mix all together. Add broccoli and stir. Add more dressing if desired.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.