·the measurements here are approximate. this is one of those recipes from my mom and she never measured. so you may have to play around with the ingredients a bit. but trust me...you can't go wrong.
23 boxes frozen chopped broccoli, defrosted
1/2 cgrated parmesan or romano cheese
·salt, pepper, parsley flakes to taste
How to Make Broccoli Patties
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients - except the oil.
- Heat oil in large skillet. 1/4 inch of oil should do it.
- Carefully place the broccoli in the oil by heaping tablespoon and then flatten with the back of the spoon.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the underside is golden brown. Then using two spoons, carefully turn the broccoli patties over and again cook until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel to soak up excess oil. (You may get little broccoli scraps that fall off the patties, these are treats for the cook. ;-)
- Place in an oven proof casserole dish and keep them warm in the oven if you will be serving right away, or refrigerate and heat in oven before serving.