Broccoli Citrus Slaw
If you can wrap your mind around these tastes actually working WELL together, get brave & try this GREAT summer salad.
It's incredibly yummy, and very very tasty!!
i can never find broccoli slaw @ my grocer's, so I just chop fresh broccoli flowerettes into the pre-packaged slaw mix.
116 oz. bag broccoli slaw - or just regular slaw mix & finely chop flowerettes of 2 heads of fresh broccoli into it
1small jicama (pronounced hee-ka-ma)
1small red onion - julienned into very thin slivers
2/3 cfinely chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbspgrated orange peel (from above oranges)
1large fresh lemon- juiced
How to Make Broccoli Citrus Slaw
- cut flowerettes from into smalls with very little 'stem' left from 2 stalks of broccoli
- cut oranges into 1/4s, then into sections. then cut each section into 4 bites - reserve peels for the fresh orange peel grating in dressing.
- THINLY slice the onion into slivers. do not chop, as these can be overpowering to some, and they may want to be able to 'pick them out'
- peel jicama, and julienne slice or use a the large holes on a cheese grater.
- mix all 'veggies' together in a large bowl - toss to combine evenly.
- in a small bowl mix together all dressing ingredients and stir well.
- combine the dressing with the veggies, and mix well.
- cover & refrigerate.