Broccoli Citrus Slaw
If you can wrap your mind around these tastes actually working WELL together, get brave & try this GREAT summer salad.
It's incredibly yummy, and very very tasty!!
i can never find broccoli slaw @ my grocer's, so I just chop fresh broccoli flowerettes into the pre-packaged slaw mix.
- 16 oz. bag broccoli slaw - or just regular slaw mix & finely chop flowerettes of 2 heads of fresh broccoli into it
- small jicama (pronounced hee-ka-ma)
- small red onion - julienned into very thin slivers
- 2/3 c
- finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- grated orange peel (from above oranges)
- large fresh lemon- juiced
- 4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
How to Make Broccoli Citrus Slaw
- 1cut flowerettes from into smalls with very little 'stem' left from 2 stalks of broccoli
- 2cut oranges into 1/4s, then into sections. then cut each section into 4 bites - reserve peels for the fresh orange peel grating in dressing.
- 3THINLY slice the onion into slivers. do not chop, as these can be overpowering to some, and they may want to be able to 'pick them out'
- 4peel jicama, and julienne slice or use a the large holes on a cheese grater.
- 5mix all 'veggies' together in a large bowl - toss to combine evenly.
- 6in a small bowl mix together all dressing ingredients and stir well.
- 7combine the dressing with the veggies, and mix well.
- 8cover & refrigerate.