Broccoli & Cheese Casserole
- 6 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp, your choice)
- 2 lb
- broccoli florets, steamed or boiled until crisp-tender (frozen is ok)
- 3 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- fresh, soft bread crumbs (2-3 slices bread)
How to Make Broccoli & Cheese Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 quart casserole.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 quart casserole.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour until well blended.
Next, stir in undiluted soup. Cook, stirring, until thickened, approximately 1 minute.
Stir in the cheese until smooth.
- 3Remove skillet from heat.
Stir in the broccoli and eggs.
Spoon into the prepared casserole dish.
- 4Next: Make the topping.
In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add the crumbs and toss to mix. Sprinkle over entire casserole.
Bake casserole at 350 degrees, uncovered, until filling is bubbly and topping is lightly golden and crusty, about 30 minutes.
- 5Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.