Broccoli Casserole with Green Chile's and Jalapeno's
1 boxchicken rice-a-roni (8 oz)
1 pkgbroccoli florets (10 oz)
1 can(s)cheddar cheese soup
1 csour cream
1 can(s)green chiles (chopped) (4 oz)
1/4 cpickled jalapeno's (chopped) more or less depending on heat
1 1/2 cmonterey jack cheese (shredded)
How to Make Broccoli Casserole with Green Chile's and Jalapeno's
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In sauce pan, cook rice according to package directions.
- Cook broccoli until just tender and drain.
- In large bowl, combine rice, broccoli, soup, sour cream, green chilies, jalapeños, jalapeño juice (I add this for a little extra heat and flavor) and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Put mixture in a prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese. (You may want to cover with tin foil and uncover the last 5 minutes of baking).
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes.