Broccoli and Zucchini Saute1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- broccoli bunches
- 5 small
- bunch green onions
- 1/3 c
- salad oil
- 2/3 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- lettuce leaves
- 2 1/4 tsp
How to Make Broccoli and Zucchini Saute
- 1Cut broccoli into 1x2" pieces.
- 2Cut zucchini into 1/2" thick slices.
- 3Cut each green onion into 2" pieces (if root ends are too thick, cut each lengthwise in half).
- 4In 8-quart dutch oven over medium heat, in 1/3 cup hot salad oil, cook green onions, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 5With rubber spatula, stir in broccoli and 1 1/4 teaspoon salt until broccoli is coated with oil.
- 6Add water; cover dutch oven and cook broccoli 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp.
- 7Remove vegetables and liquid to bowl.
- 8In same dutch oven over medium heat, in 1/4 cup hot salad oil, cook zucchini, basil and 1 teaspoon salt, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender-crisp.
- 9Return broccoli mixture to dutch oven; add soy sauce; mix well.
- 10Line large platter with lettuce leaves.
- 11Spoon vegetables onto lettuce-leaf-lined platter.
- 12Serve hot or refrigerate to serve cold later.