Braised Green Beans, Mushrooms and Bacon
- 6 slice
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 small
- shallot, minced
- 1 pinch
- crashed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb
- mushrooms, sliced
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb
- fresh green beans, stems removed
- 1 c
- chicken stock
How to Make Braised Green Beans, Mushrooms and Bacon
- 1Cook bacon until crisp in a pan big enough to hold beans.
- 2Remove bacon from pan, crumble and set aside.
- 3Add the mushrooms to the pan, season with salt and black pepper to taste and cook in bacon drippings until they become soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Add the garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook over medium heat about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the beans, crumbled bacon and the chicken stock.
- 6Season with salt and black pepper to taste, cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes or until beans are very tender. (Note: If the liquid reduces too much during the cooking time, add more stock.)
- 7Remove the lid and cook until almost all of the liquid is reduced.
- 8Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.