Braised Green Beans, Mushrooms and Bacon
3 clovegarlic, minced
1 smallshallot, minced
1 pinchcrashed red pepper flakes
1/2 lbmushrooms, sliced
·salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 lbfresh green beans, stems removed
1 cchicken stock
How to Make Braised Green Beans, Mushrooms and Bacon
- Cook bacon until crisp in a pan big enough to hold beans.
- Remove bacon from pan, crumble and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, season with salt and black pepper to taste and cook in bacon drippings until they become soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook over medium heat about 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, crumbled bacon and the chicken stock.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste, cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes or until beans are very tender. (Note: If the liquid reduces too much during the cooking time, add more stock.)
- Remove the lid and cook until almost all of the liquid is reduced.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.