Boston Chicken Squash1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2butternut squashes, halved with seeds removed
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 tspground ginger
1 tsppumpkin pie spices
4 Tbspbutter, melted
·"just a pinch" of salt
How to Make Boston Chicken Squash
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place squash cut-side down on non stick cooking spray covered shallow baking pan.
- Bake uncovered about 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- Wipe cut surface with a little butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Return to bake cut-side up about 10 minutes longer or until browned and soft.
- Scrape out the meat into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, honey, ginger, pumpkin pie spice and butter.
- Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Return to oven, covered in foil, just to keep warm until time to serve, 325 for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers for about a week or freeze up to 4 months.