Boston Chicken Squash1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- butternut squashes, halved with seeds removed
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1 tsp
- pumpkin pie spices
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- "just a pinch" of salt
How to Make Boston Chicken Squash
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Place squash cut-side down on non stick cooking spray covered shallow baking pan.
- 3Bake uncovered about 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- 4Wipe cut surface with a little butter and sprinkle with salt.
- 5Return to bake cut-side up about 10 minutes longer or until browned and soft.
- 6Scrape out the meat into a mixing bowl.
- 7Add sugar, honey, ginger, pumpkin pie spice and butter.
- 8Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- 9Return to oven, covered in foil, just to keep warm until time to serve, 325 for 30 minutes.
- 10Refrigerate leftovers for about a week or freeze up to 4 months.