BONNIE'S DUTCH OVEN SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES
- medium sweet potatoes
- teaspoon nutmeg, or more to taste
- teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- teaspoon of paprika
- tablespoons coconut oil for frying
- red delicious apples, cored, unpeeled, cut into a wedge slice
How to Make BONNIE'S DUTCH OVEN SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES
- 1MICROWAVE SWEET POTATOES:
Stick the potatoes with a fork to release steam, and microwave until tender, but not overdone. Set aside to cool for use later.
- 2When the potatoes are cool, peel and cut into thick slices like my photo.
- 3PREPARE APPLES:
Wash and core apples. Do not peel. Slice into a wedge slice, like my photo.
- 4FRY THE POTATOES:
Heat coconut oil in a cast iron dutch oven. When it is medium hot, place the potatoes in the the dutch oven. When the potatoes just start to brown, add the apples. Add salt and nutmeg, stir frequently. Add the paprika (paprika is a browning agent, and will help them to brown.)
- 5About the time the potatoes are nice and brown, the apples will be done. Enjoy!
- 6Cook's Tip: This is dish is very good with my Peppered Pork Chops posted on this site. Coconut oil is healthier than olive oil.