Black-Eyed Peas with Spinach1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 mediumonion, chopped
·vegetable broth for sauteeing
10 ozfresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed, coarsely chopped
3 cblack-eyed peas (2 16 ounce cans)
·ground black pepper to taste
·cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes, optional
How to Make Black-Eyed Peas with Spinach
- In a large skillet, saute the onions in the broth for a few minutes, until soft.
- Add the spinach to the skillet.
- Stir for a minute or two until it wilts.
- Add the black-eyed peas, black pepper, and cayenne if desired.
- Bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Serve right away, or cover and keep warm on low heat.