- 3 large
- cups fresh silver queen corn in season (or frozen white shoe peg corn)
- 1/2 stick
- butter, unsalted
- 1/2 c
- heavy whipping cream,(or 5 oz evaporated milk + 2/3 cup of water)
- 2 tsp
- corn starch
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
USE FRESH SILVER QUEEN CORN WHEN IN SEASON, OTHER WISE, USE FROZEN WHITE PEG CORN
I F YOU USE FROZEN YELLOW CORN PULSE IN FOOD PROCESSOR 5-6 TIMES MORE THAN WHITE CORN
How to Make BEREAVEMENT CORN
- 1Place corn, butter, cream, corn starch, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Add 1/2 cup water and stir just until mixture is combined.
- 2Place over medium heat and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. MAKE SURE CORN STARCH IS DISSOLVED COMPLETELY. Reduce heat immedictley to simmer leaving uncovered. Don't let stick, stir about 5 minutes.It will be thick.
- 3Transfer to food processor and pulse several times to break up corn kernals.
Reheat and serve.
**** Can top with grated parmesan cheese if you desire.