Beets in Mustard Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lbbeets, trimmed
3 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1/4 cshallots, minced
1/2 cchicken stock
3 Tbspdijon mustard
·parsley, fresh minced
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
How to Make Beets in Mustard Sauce
- Scrub the beets lightly and boil them for 35 minutes until barely tender; Drain under cold water, peel, then slice into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Melt the butter and cook the shallots for 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Turn the heat down and stir in the flour; Cook for 2 minutes stirring often.
- Add the stock, mustard and cream; Cook for a few minutes until thick.
- Combine with the beets and cook for a few minutes until it is warm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste - Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.