Beans and Greens1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- bunch collards (approximately 20 medium leaves)
- 1 c
- fresh butterbeans (limas or blackeyed peas would work too)
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- hot peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 c
- white wine
- bay leaf
How to Make Beans and Greens
- 1Put the wine in the pressure cooker and add the rinsed beans, the bay leaves, and enough water to cover, put the heat on medium to medium high, and do not cover (yet).
- 2Let the beans simmer as you prepare the greens: rinse each leaf, devein, stack flat on top of one another, roll them up tightly, and slice across the roll to shred them nicely.
- 3Add the onions to the beans and cook until just translucent.
- 4Add the greens and the hot peppers and mix well.
- 5Put the lid onto the pressure cooker and bring up to pressure.
- 6Cook at pressure for about 3 minutes.
- 7Cool the cooker under cool water.
- 8Serve the beans and greens with your favorite vinegar (like apple cider, balsamic, or rice).