Barbequed Green Beans
- 6 slice
- bacon, fried and crumbled, drippings saved
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 3 can(s)
- (16 ounces each) green beans, drained
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar (you may prefer less)
- 1 can(s)
- water chestnuts
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
How to Make Barbequed Green Beans
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Saute onion in bacon grease and then drain well.
In a 9 by 13 inch pan or casserole dish mix all ingredients. The brown sugar makes this dish very sweet. You may wish to decrease it to 1/4 cup. Bake uncovered for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 2Note: I like to place more bacon on top of this dish. Its optional, but very good.
This adds calories, but I think its worth it.