★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/3 colive oil, extra virgin
1 lbcrimini mushrooms (white mushrooms)
1 cloveroasted garlic, mashed
1/3 cbalsamic vinegar
How to Make Balsamic Mushrooms
- clean mushrooms, remove stems; these can be used to make vegetable stock. Slice mushrooms and let dry for a few minutes. Preheat skillet for 2 minutes.
- in large skillet, pour a little bit of olive oil, add mushrooms then add enough olive oil to coat, you should not need all of the oil but it is better to be prepared.
- saute mushrooms for approximately 2 minutes on medium heat. I stir them constantly to make sure they all are coated with oil and they don't burn.
- Add vinegar and water, stir everything together, turn stove to low heat for 3 minutes. Mushrooms are ready to eat at any time but flavor enhances as the liquid reduces.
- These can be served immediately for an appetizer or along with a nice piece of meat, but can also be cooled and stored in refrigerator for snacking or later use.
- To use precooked mushrooms at a later time, add mushrooms and liquid to a saute pan, heat on medium for about 2 minutes stirring constantly.