- 1/3 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lb
- crimini mushrooms (white mushrooms)
- 1 clove
- roasted garlic, mashed
- 1/3 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Balsamic Mushrooms
- 1clean mushrooms, remove stems; these can be used to make vegetable stock. Slice mushrooms and let dry for a few minutes. Preheat skillet for 2 minutes.
- 2in large skillet, pour a little bit of olive oil, add mushrooms then add enough olive oil to coat, you should not need all of the oil but it is better to be prepared.
- 3saute mushrooms for approximately 2 minutes on medium heat. I stir them constantly to make sure they all are coated with oil and they don't burn.
- 4Add vinegar and water, stir everything together, turn stove to low heat for 3 minutes. Mushrooms are ready to eat at any time but flavor enhances as the liquid reduces.
- 5These can be served immediately for an appetizer or along with a nice piece of meat, but can also be cooled and stored in refrigerator for snacking or later use.
- 6To use precooked mushrooms at a later time, add mushrooms and liquid to a saute pan, heat on medium for about 2 minutes stirring constantly.