Baked Zucchini Sticks & Sweet Onion Dip
1 mediumonion, peeled and sliced
2 Tbspapple cider vinegar
1 Tbspprepared mustard
·salt and pepper to taste
3 mediumzucchini, unpeeled, cut int 3 inch long sticks
1 cof your favorite bread crumbs
1/2 cparmesan cheese
1 Tbspmixed italian herbs or pizza seasoning mix
1/2 cegg substitute, or 3 egg whites or 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
How to Make Baked Zucchini Sticks & Sweet Onion Dip
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat and add sliced onions.
- Cook stirring occasionally until the onions are soften and caramelized.
- Remove onions from the heat and add vinegar.
- Place the onions and vinegar into a food processor.
- Add the honey and mustard, and process until smooth.
- Add mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste, process to combine all together.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups of dip.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut your zucchini into 3 inch sticks and place them in a colander over a bowl and sprinkle on 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Let zucchini drain for an hour or longer; rince and pat dry with papper towels.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and seasoning of choice and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick foil and spray it with olive oil.
- Dredge sticks a few at a time in the egg, then roll in brumb mixture.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 12 minutes and turn over and bake for an addition 8 minutes or until brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with the sweet onion dip.