baked vidial onions with bacon
How to Make baked vidial onions with bacon
- 11. set oven 375 or i prefer grill-in onions
- 22. peel onion ~ cut about 1/2 inch circle on top of onion...with lil slit from top hole (butter to drizzle in) so u got your onion with hole on top wrap your bacon around sides of onion securing with toothpick. ( i some times clip end of tooth pick so as not to pierce foil) step 3
- 33. then lay pad of butter in top hole of onion. amount options to taste (we like butter) here is where u can use optional ingredients...brown sugar with butter, crab meat, horseraddish. I think if u just use butter u will be pleased....then go for the extras in future. (u will def. make again)
- 44. wrap whole onion in foil....at top i leave open so to let out steam. bake for 45 min. and delicious sweetness.
- 55. for grilling onion ~ wrap in foil same as above. Set on grill but i do not set on direct heart (burn bottom onion) steady heat flow from side (about 45 min.)u can squeeze sides to see tenderness.