★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cbrown rice, long grain
·"just a pinch" of salt
4 largebell peppers
1/2 ccelery, diced
1/2 csunflower seeds
1/4 cparsley, minced
2eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cgreen chiles, drained, seeded, chopped
·"just a pinch" of pepper
1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Baked Stuffed Peppers
- Cook rice in 1-1/2 cups boiling salted water for 35 minutes or until tender.
- Drain if necessary.
- Set aside.
- Cut peppers in half.
- Remove seeds and white membrane.
- Parboil peppers in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- Arrange in slightly oiled, shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in small skillet.
- Add onion, celery and sunflower seeds.
- Saute until onion is tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir into rice.
- Add parsley, eggs, oregano, chiles, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Fill peppers with mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Put about 1/3 cup hot water in bottom of dish.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.