★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 clovegarlic, sliced
1 cgrated parmigiana-reggiano cheese
1 Tbspfresh rosemary, chopped
6-8 Tbspheavy cream
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
·kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Baked Stuffed Onions
- Boil whole onions for about 10-15 minutes and let cool.
- Scoop out centers and set aside. Chop the scooped out centers and saute in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and chopped rosemary.
- Add the cream and cheese and let set to thicken.
- Meanwhile wrap a slice of bacon around each onion and use a rosemary sprig to fasten. (Cut sprigs at an angle to make it easier to spear)
- Fill onion with onion mixture and add some more shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375-degrees for 30 minutes.
- I don't always wrap with the bacon, make this your very own recipe.