★★★★★ 1 vote5
- onions, peeled
- 1 clove
- garlic, sliced
- 1 c
- grated parmigiana-reggiano cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh rosemary, chopped
- 6 slice
- 6-8 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Baked Stuffed Onions
- 1Boil whole onions for about 10-15 minutes and let cool.
- 2Scoop out centers and set aside. Chop the scooped out centers and saute in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and chopped rosemary.
- 3Add the cream and cheese and let set to thicken.
- 4Meanwhile wrap a slice of bacon around each onion and use a rosemary sprig to fasten. (Cut sprigs at an angle to make it easier to spear)
- 5Fill onion with onion mixture and add some more shredded cheese.
- 6Bake at 375-degrees for 30 minutes.
- 7I don't always wrap with the bacon, make this your very own recipe.