- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- garlic cloves - peeled and finely chopped
- 3 lb
- butternut squash (peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 Tbsp
- minced fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon of dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/2 c
- fresh bread crumbs
How to Make Baked Butternut Squash
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add squash and saute until lightly browned - about 5 minutes.
- 3Put mixture in a large ovenproof dish (9 X 13). Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper to taste, cheese and bread crumbs.
- 4Bake until squash is tender and top is golden brown - approximately 1 1/2 hours.