Baked Acorn Squash with Maple Butter
How to Make Baked Acorn Squash with Maple Butter
- 1In a small bowl, stir together the butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger and the allspice. Cover and refrigerate until good and cold.
- 2Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out the seeds. Place halves, cut side down, in a large baking pan.
Pour 1 inch of boiling water into pan.
- 3Cover and bake at 350 degrees until squash is tender when pierced (about 45 minutes).
- 4Lift out squash and pour water from pan.
- 5Return squash to pan, placing halves cut side up.
Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- 6Place a sixth of the maple butter in cavity of each squash half.
Cover and bake at 400 degrees until heated through, about 25 minutes.
- 7To serve, arrange squash in a serving dish.
- 8At the table, scoop squash from skins onto individual plates or leave in the skin and serve each one individually. If they are seemingly too large per person, you can cut each half in half again and serve 1/4 squash to each person.