Bacony Creamed Spinach
How to Make Bacony Creamed Spinach
- Cook spinach by boiling or in microwave.
- Drain well and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Chop fine, using food processor of food grinder.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Remove and drain. Crumble and reserve.
- In about 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat, saute garlic and onion over medium heat.
- When onion is limp, add spinach. Lower heat. Season with salt and peppers; stir well as moisture evaporates from spinach, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- In a separate large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Gradually stir in half-and-half or milk and cook until smooth and bubbly. Stir in spinach mixture and heat through.
- Remove from heat, stir in reserved bits of bacon, and serve.