How to Make Bacon wrapped Grilled Stuffed Onions
- 1Peel onions carefully and cut bottom slightly just enough so they can sit flat. Core onion leaving a thick shell capable of holding filling in. (about a 1/3 inch)
- 2Chop the removed onion finely.
- 3In a non stick fry pan add a bit of olive oil. cook chopped onion,green peppers, bacon and garlic until bacon is cooked through and onions and peppers are tender. Add bread crumbs salt and pepper and parmesan cheese to your preference.
- 4Stuff the onions with this mixture. Wrap a piece of bacon around each onion and secure it with a toothpick.
- 5Place onions on their own piece of foil and drizzle with olive oil. Tent each onion in its foil.
- 6Place on prepared grill and grill for about 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are tender yet firm.
- 7add hickory chips or apple wood chips to grill for an even more unique flavor.