12 ozthickly sliced lean bacon, cut crosswise into thin strips
1spanish onion, thinly sliced- i used yellow
8 clovegarlic, halved lengthwise
2 lbbrussels sprouts trimmed and halved
pinchcoarse salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- In a large, deep skillet, cook the bacon over moderate-high heat until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan, reduce the heat to moderate and cook, stirring until softened, about, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the softened vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Add the Brussels sprouts in batches and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown on the outside.
- Add the reserved bacon and vegetables to the Brussels sprouts in the pan along with the salt and pepper, to taste, and a pinch of sugar.
- Cover skillet with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.