1pie crust shell
6 ozshredded mozzarella cheese
4roma tomatoes, or regular tomatoes
3/4 cloose basil leaves
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Awesome Fresh Tomato Pie
- Bake pie crust for 5-7 minutes at 450 degrees or until slightly dry.
- Remove pie crust from oven and sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese on bottom of pie crust. Reduce oven temp to 375.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges or slices and arrange over cheese.
- Combine basil and garlic with remaining mozzarella cheese, mayo and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper, then spread mayo mixture over tomatoes.
- Bake pie for 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- > Note: Can also sprinkle additional mozzarella over pie before baking if desired.